- In my six month of pregnancy with Atlas, I volunteered for a midwifery class. This month I found one of the student midwives who were there, and discovered she had written a blog post featuring me and the other volunteers!
- 4 ways a low-income mom can afford to hire a doula – the benefits of a doula are invaluable, and EVERY mother deserves them!
- A series of comics by the Cow Goddess on the dangers of birth – you natural birthers will get a kick out of this!
- Planning a hospital VBAC? This is what you need to bring with you, says Labor Trials.
- Are you a Lost fan? The Unnecesarean put together a collection of slideshows of all the births on Lost.
- Stand and Deliver writes an excellent post on why physician’s beliefs about home birth does not accurately reflect the research on it’s safety.
- Found these hilarious pictures of the birthing beds you’ll soon see in your local L&D on the Man-Nurse Diaries.
- The Man-Nurse then tells the story of how his wife safely gave birth to their 11 pound baby at home.
- Doul-la-la shares a new government study showing inducing labor likely results in more preterm babies.
- Banned From Baby Showers, my new favorite birth blog, compares pregnancy to a popcorn popper in this humorous yet serious look at induction.
- Bellies and Babies: All About “The Pit”
- Mom fires OB during labor – a must read!
- Babies and Bellies reviews PBS’s recent documentary on vaccinations
- Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max are under extreme scrutiny for causing severe diaper rashes.
- Thank you to Woman to Woman CBE for this excellent trailer for Breast is Best. Can’t wait to see the film! This trailer points out that even moms who have cesareans can have skin to skin time with their newborns during the repair of the incisions and in recovery.
- 8 ways to find motivation at home – for those days when you just feel like being lazy
- New research suggests hookworm may be more effective at fighting autoimmune diseases than medications.